Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

prayer

We're leaving tomorrow morning, and as everyone scurries around figuring out the last minute details and getting packed, I thought I'd post a prayer here that I'm hoping echoes the hearts of each of our team members.

Eternal God,
lead me now
     out of the familiar setting
          of my doubts and fears,
     beyond my pride
          and my need to be secure
into a strange and graceful ease
     with my true proportions
          and with yours;
that in boundless silence
     I may grow
          strong enough to endure
               and flexible enough to share
                    your grace.

Lord,
I believe
     my life is touched by you,
          that you want something for me,
               and of me.
Give me ears
     to hear you,
eyes
     to see the tracing of your finger,
and a heart
     quickened by the motions
          of your Spirit.

In this moment
draw me to yourself, Lord,
and make me aware
     not so much of what I've given
          as of all I have received
               and so have yet to share.
Send me forth
     in power and gladness
          and with great courage
               to live out in the world
                    what I pray and profess,
that, in sharing,
     I may do justice,
          make peace,
               grow in love,
                    enjoy myself,
                         other people,
                              and your world now,
                                   and you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment